Microblading in Leicester
Beauty by Teena’s is a PhiBrows accredited microblading salon based in Oadby, Leicester. Microblading is the skilled technique of semi-permanent eyebrow drawing.
Microblading involves manually implanting pigment into the skin using a handheld tool to produce the effect of crisp hair strokes of various lengths and densities. The result is a natural, fuller and realistic-looking brow.
We use the acclaimed PhiBrows technique, which involves calculating the shape of the eyebrows using the golden intersection and face morphology then applying the pigment into the surface layer of the skin using sterilised tools. The pigment chosen is designed to match the client’s natural hair or eyebrows’ colour. When first applied it can look dark, but once healed the colour can lighten by several tones to fit the natural hairs’ colour.
Your treatment price consists of 3 appointments: a patch test, main treatment and a top-up. The price includes all treatments as well as the necessary after-care products.
Please note: a 50% deposit is required to secure your appointment and is non-refundable if cancelled within 5 days of your appointment.
|Ombré Powered Brows||£375|
|Combination of Power Brows and Hair Strokes||£375|
|Colour Boost: 6-12 Months After Treatment||£160|
|Colour Boost: 18-24 Months After First Treatment||£160|
What tools and products are used?
Treatment is performed with disposable sterile tools (PhiBrush), and pigments are produced in accordance with the highest standards (PhiBrows Microblading Pigments).
HOW LONG DOES THE COLOUR LAST?
The semi-permanent colour duration primarily depends on how oily the skin is. The oilier the skin, the shorter the colour lasts. Sweating and sun exposure also reduce colour fastness. On average, the expected time until you need a new colour refreshment is between 12 and 18 months. With oily skin this can reduce to 6-12 months.
What techniques are used to create my brows?
Symmetry is achieved through PhiBrows application and it is calculated while the clients’ eyes are closed because in that way, mimetic muscles can affect eyebrows’ symmetry when the eye are open so it is better achieved when the eye are closed and muscles are relaxed. Strokes are always drawn in the direction of natural hairs’ growth to achieve hyper-realistic look. This is the most natural look to achieve the perfect brows.
Will I need any corrections?
Correction is redone in a month after the treatment, as a result of the healed results the Microblading would have faded or disappeared between 10% and 15% after the first treatment. After the treatment, colour is extremely dark during the first 5 to 7 days. 7 days later, it loses 40 to 50% of its intensity. If you think the colour is too dark, do not try to remove it yourself by no means. Patiently wait 7-14 days for the colour to fade on its own after the healing of the skin.
How long does it take to heal?
The healing is fully completed after 28 days and this is when we perform an obligatory addition of the pigment that has been lost. With problematic and oily skins, we can have several additions (corrections).
Is there anything I need to do/avoid before treatment?
The following treatments are not recommended 30 days before the treatment:
- botox and fillers
- fruit or milk acids
- laser treatments
- chemical peelings
- exposure to strong sunlight
Who is not suitable for the procedure?
Microblading is not suitable for the following candidates:
- Using Accutane
- Have heart conditions or using heart medications
- Have diabetes (will require a physician’s note)
- Have skin disease or irritations
- Have had Botox in the last 2 weeks
- Have gotten a deep tan or chemical peels in the last 2 weeks
- History of Keloid Scarring
- Anyone who has any serious medical conditions may require a physician’s note.
- Nursing clients who want to microblading can be done at your own discretion. We suggest discussing with your doctor first. Microblading is still considered a tattoo, and just like with wine or sushi consumption, it is a personal choice to do so during this period.
What steps should I follow after my treatment?
Post-treatment flow makes 70% of the treatment’s success. Consistency and following after care is very important, as if not you may lose up to 80% of drawn strokes. Rinsing and applying creams is of great importance.
A little pot of Skin Candy will be given to you plus a Phi Wipe at the end of your appointment.
30 minutes after the procedure use your Phi Wipe to wipe over your brows, you will see some pigment come off, this is good.
- Apply a little Skin Candy every 1-2 hours for the first 2 days
- Then apply every 2-3 hours on day 3 to 4
- Then apply every 3-4 hours on day 5 to 6
- Then apply once a day on day 7 to 9
If your skin is oily then after 4 days you do not need to keep applying the Skin Candy.
What should I avoid after my treatment?
- Do not get your eyebrows wet for 7 days, and avoid steamy baths during this time too
- Do not wear any brow makeup for 14 days
- Avoid increased sweating for 7 days, high energy sports for 7 days and swimming for 14 days
- Avoid saunas and Jacuzzis for 14 days
- Avoid any laser or chemical treatments or peels, and/or any creams containing Retinol/Retina A’s or Glycolic Acid on the face or neck for 30 days
- Do not pick, peel or scratch your eyebrows during healing
- Avoid smoking and excess alcohol during the healing process